at Quadrant Online:
“Renewables are not green. That’s the view of one of the pioneers of climate science politics. Jesse Ausubel, Senior Research Associate in The Rockefeller University’s Program for the Human Environment, helped organise the first UN World Climate Conference in Geneva in 1979…
Ausubel sees methane (natural gas) as the obvious intermediate step towards a hydrogen future. Compared with wind, it’s a no-brainer…
Ausubel believes the world should be fully converted to a hydrogen economy by 2100…
‘We live in an era of mass delusion about solar and other renewables,’ he says, ‘which will become an embarrassing collection of stranded assets.’ And adds, again mischievously: ‘A deluded crowd believes in wind, as earlier crowds believed in witches and sub-prime mortgages.’ ”
1) EIA data confirm that (nationwide) natural gas today produces 24% more kwh per unit burned than 10 years ago. Greater efficiencies will continue to be realized as more modern plants are constructed.
2) An EIA report indicates that:
“adding the identified shale gas resources to other gas resources increases total world technically recoverable gas resources by over 40 percent to 22,600 trillion cubic feet”
3) Click here for more on natural gas fracking.
4) Click here and examine the Ethanol debacle.
5) Click here for more on wind power follies.
6) Click here for more on solar power follies.
7) Click here for more on drilling restriction follies.
8) Click here for more on the current unsustainability of electric cars.